The travel entails approximately 250 metros, experienced in a 4-minute downward travel, along the coast of the huge cliff down to Fajã dos Padres. Through the lift’s panoramic window visitors can enjoy each minute of the descent; admire the southern coast of Madeira all the way to Ponta do Sol, the small bay of Fajã which gets nearer every second or, simply, enjoy the view of the sea as far as the sight beholds.
The Fajã dos Padres lift distances 28.5 km from the airport, about 10km from Funchal, and less than 6 km from Ribeira Brava.
Return ticket value.
- Free access for children up to 11 years of age.
- Free access to the guests staying at Faja dos Padres houses.
Access to the upper base of the lift is done through road Padre António Dinis Henriques.
From Funchal or from the airport, follow VR1 and exit at Km 6, on exit number 3 indicating Cabo Girão / Quinta Grande.
Turn left, heading south, and go straight ahead until the end of road Padre António Dinis Henriques. An arrow on the highway will point to this direction.
You should park at the end of the road. The lift upper station is located below the road level.
Terms and conditions
- Access to the lift is done through stairs. There are about 180 steps down to the lift upper station, and another 180 steps down from the lift lower station.
- There are no specific conditions for elder people or physically disabled people.
- It is only allowed to carry hand luggage.
- No pets are allowed.